Just to preface this post, over the next two days I’m going to be a blog posting machine. I’ve been sitting on a few unfinished postings that need to go out before I get to far along in the process. I was debating whether or not I should combine them into one giant omnibus blog posting, but I think I’ll keep them separated for easier viewing.
Now on to the floors…….
……which I needed to rethink. The more I looked at the them the more I realized they were a little too rounded….almost puffy, and I wasn’t loving the direction the textures had taken. Seen below, the floor slabs are much tighter than my original attempt.
I ended up combining the floors in each room, added a lattice to each section and flattened the top quarter to get rid of the puffiness.
After that, I went around sharpening some of the corners. The UV’s were reapplied to each area as a whole, which would make future updates an easier task to accomplish.